As this week is all about BEER with Vancouver’s Craft Beer Week, we thought we’d share another one of Eric’s recipes that we’ve paired with a brew at one of our BC’s Best Market Dinners.
Fresh Mushroom Crusted BC Spot Prawn Salad
Pea Tips, Baby Morels, Wild Mushroom Vinaigrette
Tree Brewing Company Hefeweizen
- 18 Large BC Spot Prawns, or other wild prawns depending on the season, peeled (Salmon Shop)
- 2 Tbsp Wild BC Mushroom Powder (Edible BC)
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil (Edible BC)
- 3 Packages Fresh Pea Tips (South China Seas)
- 18 Fresh Baby Morels (South China Seas)
- 1 tsp. Garlic, Finely Minced (Green Grocer)
- ¼ C Wild Mushroom Vinaigrette (Edible BC)
- Salt & Pepper (Edible BC)
Soak the fresh baby morels in 2 tbsp of hot water for 30 minutes or more.
De-head and peel the fresh spot prawns leaving the tail intact (save the shells and heads for making spot prawn bisque at a later date).
Place the prawn tails in a plastic bag and add the mushroom powder – toss to coat.
Heat 2 tables spoons of oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the mushroom coated spot prawns until ¾ cooked (do not over cook them) and then remove from the heat and leave in the pan.
Drain the morels.
In a second pan, heat another couple of tablespoons of olive oil and then sauté the pea tips, garlic and baby morels for 1 minute then add half the mushroom juice and the wild mushroom vinaigrette. Sauté until the pea tips are just wilted.
To serve, plate the greens and mushrooms and then top with 3 prawns per person. Finish with salt and pepper and serve.