Want to work with one of Canada’s most respected culinary ambassadors? Passionate about sustainable food and supporting local producers? Check below for current job openings with Edible Canada.
Edible Canada is a 9-year-old company centred around Canadian food and found in the heart of Granville Island, Vancouver’s foodie haven. Our retail store is located adjacent our bustling bistro, sharing the upbeat, fast-paced vibe and is a hot spot for tourists and locals alike. We offer the largest selection of locally sourced Canadian made artisanal goods in North America and pride ourselves on supporting local communities. We are growing fast and are in the process of expanding our retail shop across Canada. We offer plenty of opportunity for growth and a vast array of food experiences to be part of.
*Please note that due to the high volume of resumes, we will only be short-listing and contacting those that are most qualified for the positions listed below. Thank you in advance for your interest in working with us!
P/T Retail Sales Associate
Edible Canada Retail Shop is located in the heart of Granville Island and offers up the largest selection of Canadian-made, gourmet food products in the country. We do our best to support small artisans far and wide and we want people to help celebrate them with us.
Starting immediately, we are looking for foodies that want to share their passion with our guests. As a P/T Retail Sales Associate for Edible Canada you must have open availability on weekends. You will work closely with our Retail Manager to merchandise, promote and sell our products to both local and international guests alike.
- 1+ years experience in a retail environment
- Strong passion for local food
- Personable, outgoing, and friendly
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Previous knowledge of Granville Island an asset
- Available to work weekends
Social Media & Visual Content Coordinator - Hiring Paused
Please note that this position is still available, but we have paused hiring as the role is changing during our 2017 planning process. Only applicants which fit the new role will be contacted, and please expect a delay in response.
The Social Media & Visual Content Coordinator for Edible Canada works under the direction of the VP of Business Development and alongside the Marketing Coordinator as a member of the marketing department. They are hired solely to maintain and grow the company’s online presence all while contributing to the overall vision of creating an integrated, cohesive brand.
He or she is responsible for curating visual content and developing online strategies across social platforms to increase the fan base and ultimately convert those fans to customers. This person has a passion for photography and building a brand identity using creative visual content.
The Social Media & Visual Content Coordinator will collaborate with all departments in the company in an effort to create relevant content that accurately reflects the company’s multifaceted nature. This person will need to be highly motivated, a self-starter, an outside the box thinker and harness a passion for creating strong, innovative brands. A passion for food is a MAJOR bonus!
In addition to photography and social media skills, the Coordinator will contribute to the development of online email campaigns and content writing for the company’s blog and monthly newsletters.
- You LOVE food
- You have a passion for photography
- A marketing degree or diploma is an asset
- One or more years’ experience in social media and/or brand management
- Two or more years of customer service experience
- PR experience an asset
- Knowledge of hospitality industry (specifically restaurant and/or retail) a definite asset
- Proven knowledge of new media and digital trends
- Understanding of the concept behind Edible Canada’s visual and brand identity
- Able to make creative suggestions in the interest of the organization
- Ambitious, driven, self-motivated and innovative
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to proofread
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a clear idea of how this role will support your career and goals
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Friendly, accommodating and can work with all different people to meet a common goal
- Personable, outgoing, and friendly
- Experience using Shopify, Erply, Mailchimp and WordPress all very strong assets
- Experience with In-design, adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Egoless nature, willing to learn and grow and can take feedback
This is a part-time role, averaging roughly 10-15 hours per week and can fluctuate depending on company events, vendor field trips and photography opportunities. Compensation is based on experience, $14 – $16 per hour.
Please provide a cover letter about yourself and why you think you are the perfect person for the job (alongside your resume).
Due to the influx of applicants, please note that only the most suitable candidates will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest!Submit Your Resume
Edible Canada is looking for COOKS to start asap
Edible Canada at the Market on Granville Island, one of the highest volume bistros in Vancouver, serves lunch, brunch and dinner. Our focus is Canadian comfort food showcasing local, sustainable, high-quality food, while supporting small scale farmers and producers. In doing this, we are defining new Canadian cuisine. Our service style is welcoming and unpretentious, casual and fun – we are striving to offer one of the best dining experiences in the city.
We are looking for cooks to join our kitchen team! Evening, weekend, and weekday shifts available.
Competitive salary + great tips! And lots of room for progression!
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a casual fine dining restaurant
- Knowledge of farm to table cooking
- Passion for local ingredients and ‘clean’ cooking
- Strong verbal communication skills Superior organization and problem solving abilities
- Red Seal certification an asset
If you are interested in the line cool position, please include your availability, references, and resume in your application.Submit Your Resume