By Weber Arctic
Escape the hectic rush of the city and head to the unspoiled Arctic for an exclusive four-day culinary adventure in Nunavut’s Arctic Barren Lands. Award-winning celebrity chef Ryan O’Flynn and Weber Arctic’s own executive chef Justin Tse have teamed up to bring you a series of Arctic inspired dinners. Hosted at Arctic Haven Wilderness Lodge, each evening will feature a refined six-course meal that incorporates local ingredients from the land, lake and sky. More than just food- this experience offers four days of adventure against the breathtaking backdrop of the tundra- awash in the vibrant reds, purples and oranges of autumn. Observe one of the largest caribou herds in North American as they roam the Arctic Barrens, hike or bike along eskers, enjoy world-class fishing or quietly photograph wildlife. In the evening, guests are likely to see the stunning northern lights as they paint graceful strokes of colour across the night’s canvas.
• Depart Yellowknife at 2 pm for the two-hour charter flight to Arctic Haven Wilderness Lodge.
• After settling into your room, enjoy your first six-course meal with the fall colours of the tundra as your backdrop.
• Unwind in the wood-fired sauna by the lake and take in the Northern Lights.
• After a delicious breakfast, we set off on foot to get our first taste of the Barren Lands.
• Hiking along sandy eskers, we forage for berries and enjoy the colours and fragrance of the tundra.
• Enjoy sweeping vistas and watch migrating caribou as they proudly roam the landscape.
• The day is complete with another unforgettable six-course meal. Wine pairings are available each evening.
Day Three & Four:
• Fat bike winding caribou trails, fish for Arctic grayling, quietly photograph wildlife or visit historical sites- we endeavour to offer several options for adventure each day.
• Enjoy lunch on the tundra with fine meats, cheeses and homemade bread.
• Return to the lodge for the evening’s distinctly Canadian six-course feast by Ryan and Justin.
• The perfect opportunity to experience the Barren Lands by air, add-on a morning of helicopter supported adventure to complete your final day in the Arctic.
• After lunch at the lodge, board your afternoon charter flight for Yellowknife and begin your journey home.
Situated on the shores of Ennadai Lake, Nunavut in the Barren Grounds treeline environment is Arctic Haven Wilderness Lodge. Fly-in 700 km from the nearest city, Yellowknife, NWT, to Nunavut’s only green-energy powered lodge. At 60° North, the weather can change quickly – as much as 10°C in an hour. Normal daytime temperatures range from 5° to 18°C, and on warm days go as high as 22°C.
Please leave your contacts and we'll be in touch shortly.