Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Spring 2018 Survey Respondent Draw
THIS DRAW IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL DRAW DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS DRAW CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE DRAW RULES (THE “DRAW RULES”).
SURVEY RESPONSE & DRAW PERIOD
1) The Survey period begins on Friday, March 2, 2018, at 7:00 Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 17:00 PT (the “Draw Period”).
2) The Draw is open to all residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Edible Canada Culinary Experiences Corp (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents or consultants.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Draw you must complete the Survey (Link to survey) issued on behalf of the Sponsor, including your full name and contact information, and press “Complete” to submit your response.
4) Only one (1) Survey response may be submitted per respondent.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
5) On Friday, March 30, 2018 in Vancouver, British Columbia, at approximately 10:00 a.m. PT, three (3) eligible entrants will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Draw Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by private email or phone call and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply by email or phone within one (3) business days of notification and provide the Sponsor with a contact phone number. The selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. The Sponsor will then mail the Prize to the entrant. If a selected entrant:
(i) cannot be contacted by email and/or phone message within one (3) business days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; or
(ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, then he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
7) The Prize will consist of one (1) Visa® Gift Card of $100CDN value. No substitute prize will be offered or provided.
8) By entering the Draw, each entrant agrees to abide by these Draw Rules. This Draw is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Draw are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
9) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Draw in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Draw as contemplated by these Draw Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Draw is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
10) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification):
(i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Draw;
(ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or
purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Draw; and/or
(iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for
the purposes of administering this Draw in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Draw will be the Draw server machine(s).
11) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Draw, or any other methods not authorized by these Draw Rules shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future Draws and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
12) Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
13) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Draw judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Draw; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Draw judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Draw judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Draw.
14) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Draw will be the Draw server machine(s).
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.